Williamson-Pultneyville Historical Society
Since its inception in 1964, the Society?s mission has been to gather and disseminate information concerning the history the of the town of Williamson, Wayne County New York, in general and the unincorporated hamlet of Pultneyville in particular. Williamson, was established February 20, 1802 and named for Captain Charles Williamson the land agent originally selected to develop the land. which was part of the Phelps-Gorham purchase. In 1806, the settlement now known as Pultneyville was developed by Jacob Hallet a land agent for the
Located in the historic district in the hamlet of Pultnyville, the Society owns and manages 3 properties: the Society house at 4130 Mill Street, Centennial Park in the center of Pultneyville and Gates Hall across the street from the park. Gates Hall, built in 1825 by the community has been the venue for many historic events, including talks on religion, slavery, and women?s rights as well as preparing supplies for the Civil War. Used for 150 years of theater and known as the second littlest theater in the United States, it is on the national register of historic places.
4130 Mill Street
Pultneyville NY 14538